8.29.2011

The Eye Project

 About 6 months ago I suddenly woke up from a happy, dreamful sleep one night with this thought - 
"If eyes are the window of the soul, then I need to photograph them!"
  

God's word has so much to say about eyes; finding favor in someone's eyes, the Almighty's all-seeing eyes, having haughty eyes, setting good or bad things before your eyes, seeing God's wonders with your eyes, blinded eyes, opened eyes, the list of "eyes" goes on. 
The following verses about eyes are some of my favorites.


"...watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live." Deuteronomy 4:9

Job 19:27
"I myself will see him
with my own eyes - I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!"


"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

Psalm 17:8
"Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."


The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
Psalm 19:8

And so one of my "0-dark-hundred" inspirations turned into my EYE Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment